Hello and welcome.
This is a quick post for those of you that are not using a dedicated server. These $4.99 a month (too good to be true) Hosting plans usually leave this info out.
So what you can do is create a quick webpage that will display everything you need to know about the current PHP software installed on your particular hosting account.
I will show you the code to add to your new page. However, I will not display a demo page here. We do this for security reasons as we never want to let bad actors know what is running behind the website.
- Create a text file and give it the name, info.php
- Next, open the new page and add the code below
- Save your new page
- Add the page to your website files
- Point your web browser to your-website.com/info.php
- Now you can see all the PHP info running within your hosting account
- For security reasons either lock down the file or take it down
- Again you do not want anyone knowing what you’re running
I hope this helps you in your quest of building your dream website!
Your page should look like the one pictured above. The image was blurred for security reasons.
Jason Randle is an entrepreneur, voiceover, techie, and creator.