Hello and welcome.
This is a quick post for those of you that are not using a dedicated server. These $4.99 a month (too good to be true) Hosting plans usually leave this info out.
So what you can do is create a quick webpage that will display everything you need to know about the current PHP software installed on your particular hosting account.
I will show you the code to add to your new page. However, I will not display a demo page here. We do this for security reasons as we never want to let bad actors know what is running behind the website.
- Create a text file and give it the name, info.php
- Next, open the new page and add the code below
- Save your new page
- Add the page to your website files
- Point your web browser to your-website.com/info.php
- Now you can see all the PHP info running within your hosting account
- For security reasons either lock down the file or take it down
- Again you do not want anyone knowing what you’re running
I hope this helps you in your quest of building your dream website!
Jason Randle enjoys time with his family, voiceover, gaming, coding, domain names, and general web development.